Thursday, June 16, 2011

{ i will be grateful for today, i will be grateful for today.....}

Today was one of those kind of days. I should have known that it would be "one of those kind of days" when I got up at 4:30 a.m. to the STRONG smell of poop. Yep, you heard it right....P.O.O.P. And no, it wasn't coming from the newborn baby.
Our dog, Taufer had gotten sick during the night, really sick. The kind of sick that makes you want to throw your house away and just get a new one because cleaning up the mess is just too much trouble. Luckily, newborn baby that has to feed every 2 hours woke up just in time and I got out of cleaning it by reason of unavailability. And who said breastfeeding is so bad?!? It just got me outta cleaning up the nasty mess the dog made. Instead my tired and grumpy hubby got to do the chore. :)

I don't know that he didn't get the better end of the deal though since I had to take sick dog plus a crazy toddler and a very hungry newborn to the vet 30 minutes away from our house.  Not to mention that sick dog got sick again all over the floor at the vet's office. Luckily, I got out of cleaning that mess too.
Thank.Goodness.
Bless the fella that had to clean up. I just couldn't do that job. I really respect the people who work at vets, hospitals, etc. There has got to be a special place in heaven for the poop cleaning fella.

BUT, I will be grateful for today, even if it has been one for the books. My lovely friend Kristina helped me take care of the kiddos while I dealt with the sick dog. Without her today wouldn't have been possible. Not only did she help me, she did it with a smile, making a crazy situation not so bad.
I'm also grateful that our pooch isn't going to die, at least not today. Karlie loves that dog and I would hate for something to happen to her.
I'm also grateful that BOTH of my babies are asleep right now. Naptime is pure bliss when they are both asleep at the same time. Any mommy of more than one babe knows what I mean.
And I'm grateful that it's almost time for my hubby to be home. 
It's easy to find all the bad stuff that goes wrong with your day and believe me, I usually do but instead I am going to try to be more optimistic. Today could have been a lot worse.
I'm grateful!

No comments:

Post a Comment