Thursday, May 10, 2012

{non-blogging?} i blame it on instagram!!

instagram. the lazy (wo)man's blog, well sort of.
instagram makes me feel like i'm blogging even though i'm not.
bittersweet, that instagram.

the above was taken at 10:22, just one year apart. amazing what one year can do.
don't get me wrong i am super sad my baby turned one yesterday BUT BUT BUT somehow it feels amazing knowing that i made it thru her first year.
what is even funnier is that she's not my first child....i've done this before only i didn't have that sense of relief with karlie. i was SAD SAD SAD when karlie turned one. but then again, karlie was an easy baby compared to the second.
it's hard to explain but i just feel like with keniston, turning one is putting her on the 'up swing' of things and it can only get easier (please Lord tell me it will get easier!!)

don't get me wrong though, keniston is super sweet and a lovely little girl. she's a momma's girl thru and thru and i love it (most of the time). ;)

yeah, she's kinda cute. ;)

i have been working on her birthday party for 4 months now and it's coming up this sunday. the stress is on!!! especially since my husband has told me not to spend another dime on this party because i have spent too much (p.s. i will never tell him exactly how much i have spent because he would pass out) party planning is something i enjoy to do for my girls though so it's not at all a waste. they're only little once so i plan to make it special.
so in the mix of all this party planning i have also decided to start training for a 5k and eventually a half marathon. i am going to try to blog more about this as my journey continues. let me start off by saying I HAVE NEVER REALLY LOVED RUNNING.....until i had my second baby. for months now i have dreamed that i was running up and down the road, around town, at the park, etc. i have no clue what those dreams mean (any dream interpreters?) but i took the dreams as a sign that it might be something to try. i am so outta shape after having 2 babies in the past 3 1/2 years so i didn't think i would actually be able to do it. so i started off with walking at the park with the girls in my awesome jogging stroller. i would fast pace walk until the girls started fussing then i would take them over to the playground and we would play for 30 minutes or so. i did this routine nearly everyday since mid-february.
then....
I GOT BORED. the girls would only hold up for maybe 3 miles of me strolling them while walking. i wasn't "feeling the burn" anymore and my weight loss plateaued. my husband watched the girls one afternoon and let me go to the park sans stroller. so i ran a little. i was really discouraged at how little i actually ran. in college, my roommate (the infamous "Doctor Dani" as she is referred to in our house) and i would run laps around our apartment complex, roller blade from one end of campus to the other (until the toothpick accident of 2002....that ended up with a trip to the e.r.....don't ask. lol) and we would go kick butt in the gym. so i was highly disappointed in the fact that i couldn't even run a 1/4 of a mile (and let's not even mention the extra baby weight that makes me feel less than fabulous).
but i kept at it, running a little, walking alot. it's really hard to run and push a stroller, just fyi. especially when it's a 60 pound stroller that contains a 40 pound child and a 20 pound baby. the front wheel is fixed which means you have to push down on the handle to lift the wheel up to go around curves. it's hard. believe me and if you don't believe me i have a couple of weights for you to try named karlie and keniston. ;)
so now as of a couple weeks ago, i started running more than i am walking. big accomplishment for me, the non-runner. just today i ran a straight 16 minutes without slowing pace. that probably doesn't sound like much to most but it is a whole world away from where i started just a few months ago. and a little added bonus.....I'M LOSING THE BABY WEIGHT!! I'm over half way to my goal of 30 pounds. and i honestly don't really need to lose the whole 30 lbs to be happy (although it would be nice).  more than anything i just want to look in the mirror and look halfway like i did before the babies and be healthy.



No comments:

Post a Comment